Saturday, August 11, 2018

5 Skull News

Hello Skulls,

It's been a busy week for me, and I've been trying to get to as many reviews as I can. I celebrated my wedding anniversary with my wonderful wife on Wednesday, so I took one day off from writing. This resulted in a flood of new emails and lots more music to check out!

As you browse through the reviews on this blog, please consider supporting the artists. These ladies and gentlemen work so hard to make fresh sounds for you to enjoy. Without the innovation and creativity of the underground music scene, all the popular music would sound the same. So please elevate the artists that you enjoy.

Bands, if you're so inclined, I would like to give blanket permission for anyone to use any quote of mine that appears on this blog for any reason whatsoever. I've had a couple bands ask if they could use my quotes for their press kit; if it helps I'd be flattered.

This blog is getting bigger. Traffic here has been somewhat impressive for me. I don't really know what to expect launching into this project, but it's been a lot of fun so far and I don't see any reason to stop any time soon. My somewhat vague analytics gives me a snapshot of where the traffic comes from, and we've already seen Skulls from all over the globe stopping by. Thank you for supporting underground music.

Here's what the labels are releasing this week:

August 10, 2018

Aethereus - Absentia (The Artisan Era)
Airrace - Untold Stories (Frontiers)
Dropout Kings - AudioDope (Napalm)
Enuff Z'Nuff - Diamond Boy (Frontiers)
Haunt - Burst Into Flame (Shadow Kingdom)
Mad Max - 35 (SPV/Steamhammer)
Massive Wagons - Under No Illusion (Earache)
Nachash - Phantasmal Trinity (Shadow Kingdom)
Night Demon - Live Darkness (Shadow Kingdom/Century Media)
Primal Fear - Apocalpyse (Frontiers)
Sinsaenum - Repulsion (earMusic)
The Spirit - Sounds From The Vortex (Nuclear Blast)
Van Canto - Trust In Rust (Napalm)
Various Artists - It Came From The Abyss (Volume 1) (Dark Operative)
Witchfyre - Grimorium Verum (Fighter)

I would like to encourage you to check out as many of these as you can! Thank you so much for your continued readership, and keep it fresh!

As always, if you think there's something that I absolutely MUST hear, you can send links with fresh songs (6 months or newer) over to hageentertainment@gmail.com

Thank you for checking out 5 Skull Reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment